Greetings from Pollywiggle Cottage
Your home from home in North Norfolk
Pollywiggle Cottage is a pretty flint and brick, semi-detached, self-catering cottage in the heart of the North Norfolk countryside, yet close to small market towns and 20 minutes car drive to a stunning and varied coastline. The Medieval City of Norwich is 25 miles away.
Pollywiggle is your perfect retreat for family gatherings, school reunions or a romantic break for two. Roses, wisteria, clematis and passionflowers weave a mantle around this character English country cottage, which wraps you in its rural comfort.
We have 4 Star Tourism accreditation awarded for Families, Walkers & Cyclists.
There is a no smoking policy inside the house and we are sorry but we cannot accommodate pets.
The Accommodation offers:
4 bedrooms* ( 1 x king size, 1 double, 1 single, twin 2’6” wide beds ideal for children plus 2 cots)
- Sleeps 7 (5 adults + 2 children + 2 babies in cots)
- Two bathrooms with showers over baths – one downstairs, one upstairs plus 1 washroom with WC & basin upstairs
- Beamed sitting room with multi-fuel wood burner in inglenook fireplace
- Well-equipped kitchen with all modern appliances and separate larder
- Appliances: – dishwasher, washing machine, larder fridge, fridge freezer, tumble drier, electric cooker with 2 ovens, microwave, kettle, toaster
- Dining room seating for 8 plus one high chair
- Large boot room for outdoor clothing, pushchairs etc
We include in the price;
- full oil-fired central heating, logs, fuel and hot water
- all linen, towels, tea towels, dishcloths, cleaning fluids, bin bags, kitchen papers etc
- a welcome tray comprising tea, coffee, milk sugar, cake, biscuits, fruit juice and a bowl of mixed fruit.
- digital wide screen TV, a DVD & CD player, a Hi-Fi system, but please bring your own DVDs & CDs since we do not have a Performing Rights licence.
- limited landline telephone use within the UK only and limited Broadband WiFi internet connection for emails and surfing but not for downloading large files. Please bring your own laptop.
- a personal welcome and familiarisation introduction to help you settle in quickly
Outside we have;
- a private drive for parking 3-4 cars nose to bumper (last one in first one out arrangement)
- well-stocked mature gardens laid to lawns to the front and rear, with flower beds, fruit & nut trees, assorted shrubs and a herb garden
- a small shallow but unfenced pond, alive with ‘pollywiggles’ (tadpoles) in Spring (parents to supervise toddlers).
- garden furniture: tables, chairs and a portable barbecue (stored in the boot room)
- cycle shelter & racks for 8 bikes (please bring your own locks)
- a bird table
- 2 compost bins for recycling fresh, uncooked vegetable waste for garden manure
- holder for whirligig washing line (stored in boot room)
Pollywiggle is a modernised 18th Century pair of labourers’ cottage with limitations! There are some low ceilings and doorways, narrow stairs and small steps throughout the property. All bedrooms are in the loft space where the ceilings are sloping. So if mobility or height are an issue please check our Access Policy or call us before booking.
Please see our availability calendar for all prices.