- Personal Information completed by the client is only held as a hard copy on the booking form and it is not stored on any computer
- This information is used for the purpose of renting the Pollywiggle Cottage and our own advertising campaigns
- Clients have the choice to opt out of future advertising at the time of completing the booking form
- No personal information is disclosed to any third party except the Payment Service Provider (PSP) for the purpose of taking payments as in point 5 below
- All debit / credit card details for payments are taken over the phone during which they are entered on the secure website of Sage Pay, a Payment Service Provider (see below)
- All information taken over the phone from the client is taken by the owner of Pollywiggle Cottage and it is then shredded and destroyed after a transaction is complete. No other people are involved in this process.
- Our computer has a firewall with an internet security system installed which regularly and automatically updates of the anti-virus software.
Sage Pay Security Statement
As a Payment Service Provider, thousands of businesses outsource their transaction security to Sage Pay. It is their top priority to ensure that transaction data is kept secure at all times.
Encryption and Date Storage
Once on the Sage Pay systems, all sensitive data is secured using the same internationally recognised 256-bit encryption standards used by, among others, the US Government. The encryption keys are held on state-of-the-art, tamper proof systems in the same family as those used to secure VeriSign’s Global Root certificate, making them all but impossible to extract. The data held by Sage Pay is extremely secure and Sage Pay is regularly audited by the banks and banking authorities to ensure it remains so.